Saturday, December 1, 2007

December 2: ANOTHER DAY TO PRAISE

Let’s go a little further with these thoughts of prayer and praise. There is power in praise. Praise takes sides with God, or lines us up with God, regardless of our circumstances. Instead of grumbling, complaining, or finding fault, we know that “God works in all things for good to those who love Him.” (Romans 8:28) Isaiah 43:2-3 express it well: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”
We are now digging down into your trust in the Lord. Compare the testimony of Job to yourself from Job 1:21, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” In the face of mental abuse and torment from his wife and his friends, his praise lifted him through. We must be liberated from self-centeredness and self-seeking and learn to love God for Himself alone.
Praise is powerful to turn defeat into victory! I like the story of Paul and Silas being locked away in jail because of their preaching. At midnight they begin to sing and praise the Lord. God’s answer? A earthquake! The results? Open jail doors, revival in the jail and city, and Europe is entered with the Gospel. Paul and Silas are more than conquerors because they praised God when in deep danger.
Understand that the highest expression of our faith is not how much we ask from God but how much we praise. Keep on praising! One more reminder, this one from Habbakuk 3:17-18, “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

“I praise You, Lord! I praise You, Lord! You are wonderful and loving
and always forgiving. I praise You! Amen”

No comments: