Wednesday, October 10, 2007

October 11: A NEW INSIGHT ON PRAYER

I recently came across a different definition of prayer that may revolutionize your prayer life. Sadly, many Christians as well as non-Christians, think prayer is something you do rather than a living dialogue with God. Prayer means to speak the whole day in such a way that after everything you say you might be able to say “Amen”. That means living in a continual awareness of the presence of God.
Every moment is a sacred moment. Every place is a holy ground. I cannot escape God’s breath since the day I invited him into my life. He is my constant companion. He has an opinion about all I do. He has guidance for my steps. He is there. He is not silent.
My lifestyle is a reflection of my “prayer life” not just my “said prayers.” If my life is a doxology of praise to God for what he means in my life, certainly an “amen” would be appropriate at any minute.
No lie will come out of my mouth nor anything hurtful against another. My lips will not be used for gossip nor for cursing. “Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.” (James 3:10 NIV)
It is not just the literalness of speaking that craves an “amen”, but the whole of my life. If my life is a dialogue with God, a constant communion with the Almighty, then my actions at all times are “amenable”. I will not go anywhere. I will not do anything. I will not waste my time in anything that is not approved by God’s “amen” or “so be it”.
Religion has nothing to offer but memorized or repetitious prayers, written by a third party. They are uttered periodically. They are divorced from life. Prayer from relationship is conversational, constant, and presentable to God. (Romans 12:1 NIV).

“How good it is, Holy God, to live constantly in your presence and know
that You are the silent listener to every conversation I have. Amen”

No comments: