Saturday, January 20, 2007

Jan.21: COME ON, LET'S WORSHIP!

"The Heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands." (Psalm 19:1 NIV) On a recent trip to New York, my wife and I visited the Hayden Planetarium. While there we viewed the film "Cosmic Collision". It was a fascinating show. In reclining seats with a screen over us covering the entire domed celing we seemed to be right in the middle of our huge galaxy. Moons and suns and comets and meteor showers were flying everywhere. I remembered Genesis 1:1 (NIV) "In the beginning God created the Heavens" and then in verse 16 "He also made the stars." I saw the hugeness and might of God in a way I had never experienced before and I worshipped God there and for the rest of the day. Amazing! Stupendous!
Then the next day we went to see "Body Works." This is a display of human bodies that have gone through a vacumn process called "plastination". The human body is preserved, whole or stripped away, to reveal it's inner parts, even in cross-sections. Hundreds of miles of arteries and vessels. Cells replaced by brightly colored resins and epoxies. Amazing the way God made us! And there, in that crowded warehouse, I worshipped again and I prayed with David "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" (Psalm 8:4 NIV) What a great revelation! I fully agree now with the Psalmist in Psalms 139:14 (NIV) "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." I'm not an accident, I'm put together intricately. Since God put so much time in creating a Universe for me to live in a while, its not surprising that He provided a way for me not to self-destruct. "This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him." (1 John 4:9 NIV) Comeon, let's worship!

"You are worthy of all my worship, O Lord! We try to grasp You by faith but You
are too big. What we know we love! Because we love You we trust you completely. Amen"

No comments: