Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Jan.3 A "NEW" Year?

What's that look on your face? The year is still NEW. Just think about it. Here it stands with all its newness: untouched by human hands, unspoiled by men's frustrations.
There will be opportunities to know God better through His son, Jesus the Christ. There will be new ways of serving God: new days for just enjoying the goodness of God and new times for dedicating our work to God.
You might be thinking, "Boy! Doesn't this Preacher ever read the paper? He must be sitting over there in an ivory tower completely removed from the world to talk with that much optimism." No, I assure you, I'm living in the same country that you are in. But, there is something that makes a difference in outlook for some people.
That great Christian, Paul from Tarsus, says in Colossians 3:23 (NIV) "Whatever you are doing, put your whole heart into it, as if you were doing it for the Lord and not for men." You see, when a person accepts Christ as his personal Saviour, he really begins to do all things for the Lord and not for his boss or supervisor. Jesus Christ is Lord (Master) of his life, so each new day and new year is filled with great possibilities.
Remember those words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "Earth's crammed with Heaven, and every common bush afire with God; but only he who sees, takes off his shoes, the rest sit around and pluck blackberries." The Bible says that Jesus opened the eyes of the blind. If you let Him open the eyes of your soul right now, you might be able to see the glory in the New Year.
In John 9:25 (NIV) is recorded the story of a man who received sight from Jesus and said "Once I was blind but now I see." Will you try that? Today? This year?

"Lord, help me not to turn a cynical ear to those who say they are on speaking terms with You. Just maybe they are saying something I need to hear. Amen"

5 comments:

Lisa Glidwell said...

Dear Pastor Charlie,

What a uplifting message for today!! As well as a gentle reminder that we should do each task or work as for the Lord. Have a blessed day!!

Polly Newman said...

This was truly what I needed to hear. I lost my job of 14 years one week before chistmas. I know God has another opportunity waiting for me, but it is still very hard. Please pray for me and my family. That the eyes of my heart are open so that eyes of my body will see His will in every part opf my life, but especially in this job serach.
Polly Newman

Pat said...

CHarlie: I am enjoying your message each morning. As when you were preaching at Grace, I feel that you are speaking directly to me. Keep up the great messages-
Pat Ritchey

Jacksonw218@aol.com said...

I anxiously await the next day's message.
Wanda J.

Jack Marcom said...

Charlie: Your words have inspired many over the years as you have preached. Lives have been changed. Now even more can see God through you. It will be good to read and meditate over your words. Thanks! Pastor Jack