Saturday, February 10, 2007

Feb. 11 : A SPIRITUAL GPS

Do you have a “G.P.S.” (Global Positioning System) in your vehicle? They are cool! I don’t have one but I have ridden with several friends who do. Boy, when I think of my life pastoring churches and searching for addresses at night, it would have been a great help. Instant directions! Even if I didn’t have a G.P.S. I always had God’s “spiritual” G.P.S. The Holy Spirit! When I gave my life to Jesus He gave me the Holy Spirit to maintain fellowship and followship. That’s the secret of living the Christian life. Many fear that if they become Christian they simply can’t live up to it. Of course! Read John 14:17 (NIV) “the world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you.” Just like a GPS! “But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you in all truth.” (John 16:13 NIV) There you are: the living Holy Spirit living in you guiding you all the time. Where you should go! What you should do! What you should say! You will never be left alone. “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you>” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV) So, what if you mess up? Or go the wrong way? If you go down the wrong street in your car, your GPS will say “recalculate” and in a few moments will tell you how to get back on the “right road.” If you try to go the wrong way and get away from God, the Holy Spirit will immediately whisper a correction to you. He will “provide a way out.” (1 Corinthians 10:15 NIV) Folks with the GPS keep their subscription paid up annually or it become worthless, because roads change. Folks with the Indwelling Holy Spirit stay activated by daily Bible Study, prayer, and obeying the guidance.

“Thank You, Holy Spirit, for providing constant guidance and I am
not left to chase after whimsical things on crooked roads. Amen”

No comments: