Friday, February 9, 2007

Feb.10: A SURE DESTINATION

There was a beautiful line in the obituary column recently about a lady who sied “sure of her destination.” I like that! That’s better than any sleeping pill! Or the latest claim of cure for cancer or AIDS. If you know where you are going, it will make the trip different.
I remember several times in my life getting in the car with my family, having a place to go but not knowing the location. The trip starts with everyone feeling nervous and unsure and it gets progressively worse. Several wrong turns and stops and the pressure just builds. That is a parable of life. If you don’t know your ultimate destination in life, you are in for some long days and restless nights.
One of my personal joys in reading The Revelation from the Bible is because it describes my final destination as a Christian. In the Revelation 7:9 (NIV) “after this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.” And it goes on to describe their praise and worship of God in Heaven.
I submit that if you know for sure your final destination, you and your family can better deal with daily, boring routine or critical crisis. Who are you? Why are you here? Where are you going? These three questions are the most important questions of life. Perhaps the last one is most important. Where will you spend Eternity?
Life at it’s longest is short. Compare it to a trip again: when you have a clearly marked map in hand and the destination clearly designated, the trip is meaningful and the arrival pure joy. Your destination? Are you sure?

“Thank you, Jesus, for saying ‘I am the Way and no one comes to
the Father except through me’. I was about to make a wrong choice.
Amen”

No comments: