Monday, July 30, 2007

July 31: JUST TURN IT LOOSE

My computer stopped the other day—it just froze. I did all that I knew to get it going, but to no avail. Then I called the repairman. He talked me through several procedures. Nothing worked. Finally he said, “You know, sometimes all you can do is shut it down for a few minutes and let it fix itself, then plug it in again.” I followed this advice, and guess what? When I turned it back on, it worked!
Later, as I mused over what happened, it came to me: Sometimes there are situations in life where we are helpless and our hands are tied and we realize that there is nothing we can do to fix this problem. The more we struggle, the more frustration mounts. We just need to shut it down, be quiet, and let the Original Designer have a shot at the problem.
He has a GPS and he knows where we are immediately. He wrote the “Owner’s Manual” and he knows where to start. “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)
That’s when we realize the situation is bigger than we are and let God work. When King David was confounded by his situation, he said to God: “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well, my frame was not hidden from you.” (Psalm 139:13-15)
The more deeply we get twisted in some situations, the worse we feel. In several places the Bible says, “fret not”. Psalm 37:8 points out that fretting leads to evil actions.
On the other hand, putting your complicated situation in God’s hands can leave you singing, “You have made known to me the path of life; you fill me with joy in your presence.” (Psalm 16:11)
Let go and let God! Goodbye frustration!

“O God of Peace, bring peace to our chaotic lives. Show us there is no peace
in our life situation until we make peace with You. Amen”

No comments: