Thursday, August 9, 2007

August 10: ALWAYS ANSWERING PRAYER

God answers prayers. He always does. He always will. Some people bad-mouth God for never answering their prayer. What they really mean to say is that God did not answer the prayer the way they had decided he should.
There is a prime example of the answer to the unanswered prayer. It is Paul’s experience recorded in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Paul says, “To keep me from becoming conceited (a common temptation) there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.” Did God take it away? No! So, we conclude that God did not answer his prayer? No! God answered by saying, “my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
So God’s answer is clear; God will be Paul’s strength and enabler in every situation but the affliction stays.
Is Paul mad or hurt that God did not give him what he requested? No! Paul’s feeling is “therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” The prayer is answered in a way that equips Paul to get on with his life.
God answers prayer! Prayer comes out of a trust relationship, not a “slot-machine” type gamble. “He who comes to God must believe that he is and that he is the rewarder of those who diligently seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
Knowing that God loves you and gave his son to save you is the cornerstone of a faith that expresses itself in a prayer relationship. Talking to God. Listening to God. And trusting God’s answer to be best for you. God always answers! Always!

“It is great the way you dare us to trust You with everything in our
lives through prayer. What a God! What a Gift! Amen”

No comments: