Friday, August 10, 2007

August 11: SEEING THE TRUTH

I went to the shopping mall one day with my family. Around a small display a crowd had gathered. Everyone seemed very excited about what they were seeing. My curiosity was aroused so I went to see what was having the interest of so many people.
There were many large frames on display and the pictures seemed to be nothing more than colored dots. Exclamations of “I see it” and disgusted statements of “I don’t see anything” by people moving away certainly increased my interest. I began to stare at these frames as well and right before my eyes the dots were transformed to three-dimensional pictures of various subjects. It was great! We were looking at a “3-D illusion”.
For those who were patient and focused on the dots there was a very clear picture, but for others only disappointment and irritation. It was such a true-to-life story.
There are many people who will read the Bible today and tomorrow, focus on its message and concentrate on its central truth and be overjoyed by what they discover.
Others will pick up the Bible in a bookstore or from a coffee table, flip through the pages for a few moments and then with irritation put it back and wonder why others get so excited about it.
The eyes have deceived. Eyes allowed for reading the message but eyes could not give understanding. Sight made possible an enlightening experience but previous conditioning blocked acceptance.
Do you see things as they are or as they appear? In Luke 18:41, a man prays, “Lord, I want to receive my sight”. Is that a good prayer for you today?
Don’t be like the crowd at the cemetery the day Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead who did not see anything to change their closed minds but made plans to kill Jesus (John 16:43). Don’t let your eyes deceive you any longer.

“Open my eyes, Lord, I want to see Jesus. Millions have already prayed
that prayer, I want to join the others today. Thank You, Lord! Amen”

No comments: