Sunday, January 21, 2007

Jan.22: PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS

I subscribe to a magazine called "THE VOICE OF THE MARTYRS". It is good. I commend it to you. It recounts stories from around the globe of Christians who are persecuted for their faith. In a recent article, one phrase jumped out at me. A Indian man said "I believe God will transform my problem into a program for His glory." What a powerful statement! This is not a temporary taking my "lemon" and making me "lemonade", but a continuing program enabling the man to keep his faith and live victoriously. This is more than "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13 NIV) This is a God-planned strategy for the believer. This sounds like Romans 8: 38-39 (NIV)"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." If you know that God has a plan for your life and you have accepted that plan then you can have the assurance that whatever the future holds, you know "who" holds your future.
Paul gave a similar testimony in 1 Timothy 1:12 (NIV) "That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day." Bad thingss happen to good people but that is not the whole story. What is God wanting to do in my present situation? Am I helping God do His work or being a barrier? He calls me His "co-worker". I certainly want to help Him be glorified in my life. Like the man in India suggested: get on with His program!

"God, the Bible said and then the songwriter repeated it that your 'eye is on the sparrow' and surely
you are watching me. What encouragement that is for me, whatever is happening. Thanks! Amen"

1 comment:

Todd said...

Any Christian in the U.S. can sign up to recieve The Voice of the Martyrs' free monthly newsletter at www.persecution.com.