Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September 13: DISCOVERING GOD'S PLAN

Did you know that God has a plan for your life? Isn’t that exciting? Jeremiah 29:11 says, “for I know the plans I have for you” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Many people see God as a God of wrath. God wants to bless you and give you a future, a reason for living. God is not mad at you. He wants you to have hope daily.
God further says in verse 12, “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” God wants to talk to you and he wants you to talk to him. Prayer is a viable option for you. Instead of asking your family and friends for their opinions on what you should do, go to the original source of knowledge and get a true answer, not one influenced by emotional desire to please you. Prayer is a better option than most self-help books.
God goes on to say in verse 13, “you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Do you want to know God’s plan for you? God focused His love on you, turn your heart to God. This is not just playing around with religion or dabbling in religious philosophy. This is serious.
In verse 14 God adds, “I will be found by you.” What a hope! God is not hiding from you. God is not teasing you. His positive word for you is that he is easily found by those who seriously want to know him.
For those who do not want to know God or his plan for their lives, no amount of arguing will convince them. Atheists and agnostics never find God in their arguing. They find him like the rest of us, when they look for Him.

“God, it is good to know that you are not hiding from us. So we are
encouraged to seek You out now! Coming, ready or not! Amen”

No comments: