Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September 20: TRUSTING COMPLETELY

If you are going to go, you should go first class. The faith journey is best made in a spirit of total commitment. Anything less will leave you frustrated, perhaps even disappointed.
You must depend on God to do what only God can do. Once when Israel was faced with a major challenge, she turned to the country of Egypt for help instead of to God. God said, “woe to those who go to Egypt for help, who rely on horses, who trust in the multitudes of chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel, or seek help from the Lord.” (Isaiah 31:1)
Before a person becomes a Christian, it is natural to put your trust in anything that is available, that’s how scary life is. But how do I change? David said in Psalm 56:3-4, “When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?”
When fear knocks at the door, if faith answers, fear will not be able to come into your life. It’s not just about fear. Trusting God is a long faith journey. That means I must trust him to help me finalize my life dreams in order for Him to give me what I need to accomplish it. Don’t try to do it partially. Don’t hold back anything from Christ.
It would be silly to sit in a chair and hold your breath for fear the chair could not support you. Likewise, it would be silly to say you trust God and refuse to put all of your weight on Him.
Many people say they go to church but get nothing out of it. How can you when you are holding back for fear God will ask something of you? Stop playing spiritual games and give your whole life to Jesus.

“When we have spent so long depending on ourselves and being often
disappointed, Lord, it is hard to learn how to trust You totally. Amen”

No comments: