Thursday, September 6, 2007

September 7: QUESTIONS WITH NO ANSWERS

When life doesn’t make sense, how do you handle it? Besides saying “why?” or “why me?” Some questions have no answer. You can ask as many people as you can and you never get a clear answer. But the fact is, from a human perspective, events don’t always make sense. How do you explain a still-born child when the Mother was healthy? How do you explain a huge accident where four were killed and three survived? How do you explain a good person suddenly having a personality change and going out of control? I could go on but I make my point.
What do you do? You dig down into your inner strength and face it in faith. We can’t run from life or life situations. When Job dealt with personal tragedy, especially the death of all of his children, his attitude was, “though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.” (Job 13:15 KJV)
No, that is not what people call “blind faith” but loving trust. When you commit your life to God, it is up to God to eventually make sense out of life and give you an explanation. That is not putting God on a short chain and demanding of God. It is putting the matter in God’s hand and waiting for a revelation of truth.
Jesus taught this early in his ministry. “Ask (and keep on asking) and it will be given to you; seek (and keep on seeking) and you will find; knock (and keep on knocking) and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7 NIV) We are talking about a relationship with God, not a chance meeting. In relationships, there is continuous dialogue.
As a Christian, I became a child of God; I can ask my Heavenly Father all the questions I desire until I understand what I am to learn. Every loving and patient parent works tirelessly with their children to clear up confusion; would your Heavenly Father do less?

“When I am twisted about by circumstances and feel so confused, it
is so good to know that You, my God, are the Source of Truth. Amen”

No comments: