Thursday, May 31, 2007

June 1: DEALING WITH PROBLEMS

A preacher from another generation, Samuel Shoemaker, is quoted, “Almost everyone has a problem, is a problem, or lives with a problem.” This explains why there is a big market in problem-solving books. Do you have a problem? Is it big? Little? The Bible
says, “Cast all your problems on the Lord because He cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
Are you a problem? Are you what is making someone else’s day difficult? You should pray: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139: 23-24)
Do you live with a problem? Start memorizing right now 1 Corinthians 10:13, “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”
Why do I keep quoting the Bible? Because it is the best book for solving problems. It covers every area. It can show you how to take lemons and make lemonade. You can learn that a new spelling for “crisis” is “opportunity”.
We discover that God is the great problem solver. On every page He unties impossible knots. Often, He will show you that when you look from His perspective that what you thought was a problem was not problem at all but simply a wrong perspective.
David said, “I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; He saved him out of all his troubles.” (Psalm 34:4)
Realistically, this world is full of problems. You can’t avoid them. But you can conquer them in the strength of Christ.

“O God, on every hand there are things that confuse and befuddle us.
Give us the wisdom now to seek out Your truth. Amen”

No comments: