Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 20: GOD'S UMBRELLA

In one of Jesus’ last sayings from the cross, He uttered, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46 NIV) What agony! Many Christians read that and say “I know just how Jesus felt, I feel the same way. I can identify with His suffering on the cross.”
Christian: No one can identify with that. Don’t have a pity party in hard times and try to equate it with Jesus dying alone on the cross. There was one other dying on Calvary’s hill that day that understood. The thief who rejected Jesus felt the same way. No Christian can ever feel that way. We must realize that and thank God for the truth. Jesus has already said to His adopted children, “I am with you always to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20 NIV)
God has gone on record to tell you, “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV) God is true to His word and will never forsake his children. Period! Exclamation Point!
Don’t insult your Savior, Lost people can’t help feeling forsaken. The Prophet Isaiah declared “Your iniquities (intentional rebellion) have separated you from God; your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2 NIV)
I’m not saying you can’t suffer from physically caused depression, if that is your situation. I am saying that you cannot charge your God with giving up on you. Are you suffering from a guilty conscience? If so, confess the sin and go on living for God. The Bible says our hearts are resting in God and we must remember that whenever our hearts or guilty conscience attacks us: “For God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything.”. (1 John 3:20 NIV)
Your emotions may change with the weather but God’s umbrella over His children is always up.

“Sometimes, Father, we don’t live up to what we know from the
Bible. Thank You for the permanence of your love and mercy. Amen”

No comments: